• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

big help needed...regarding CPC for international (Foreign)

A

asheeth

Hi,

I am basically living outside of America and not citizen of it ....

I was about to apply for CPC certification exam that is going to be held in Feb and March (whichever I can get myself into), but there has been hike in fees for CPC certification of around $500 and since I am thinking of strategy that could lessen the financial constraints ....

I was wondering if I could apply first for the AAPC Individual membership and then apply for CPC examination ....would that decrease the amount of examination fees from $500 to $300....

thanks in advance....

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Yes, many people become members of the AAPC prior to taking the CPC. That is the way I did it.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Ruth is correct. I became a member before I ordered the exam. Also, if you are an enrolled student you get to join for a discount. You will need to provide a letter or proof you are enrolled in a program. It is a significant discount. $70 from $125. Some courses, like ours also gets you a discount on the exam from $300 to $260. Every little bit helps.

Best of luck on your exam.